Wednesday, December 16, 2009

TRIUMPH ILLUSTRATION MYSTERY

I love when readers pose a question I can't answer; I get to throw it out to the world. Have you ever seen this Triumph design before? Amazing... I have no doubt I'll shortly receive a photo of a tattoo with this image!
Here is the query:

"Hey Paul,
My name is Brian, from Brooklyn, NY. Been checking out your blog for some time now and have become quite a fan; great way to kill a few minutes when I really should be working. [FYI - readership spikes during business hours! You're not alone Brian].

Your wealth of knowledge on old bikes is astounding. I have been tinkering around with Triumphs for years now and have been to my share of swaps etc., recently came across a bowling style shirt with an unusual design. I was wondering if you have ever seen one of these before? I realize there are thousands of Triumph t-shirt designs circulating around the world. This seems a little different in that someone took the time and expense to embroider it onto a rather smart looking bowling shirt? Most of these shirts have company names i.e. "Joe's Welding" or whatever on the back to represent the team. Is this possibly a team shirt from Triumph worker's bowling team? Seems far fetched but I have never seen this skull/unit motor design before. Just wondering if there might be something else to it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks man, Brian K."