Thursday, January 7, 2010

BiG BiKE Magazine #1 Part 1

In an effort to make this one of the more interesting blogs, I try posting stuff that you just don't see everywhere else. I have a lot of old material and try to post it when I find time. I planned on posting some bikes from my collection of early Big Bike magazines, when a reader emailed me asking that I do just that.

Those early issues (69-late 70), were the best and there's probably no better place to start than with issue number 1.

I can't tell you how excited I was when I found this magazine on the newsstand of a drugstore in July of 1969. (magazines come out a month early).


Note: Joe Teresi (later of Easyriders) was the Technical Editor.

Before I post the first bike feature, keep in mind a few things:
1. I didn't want to damage the spine on a precious 40 year old magazine by smashing it flat on the scanner so, I took pictures with a camera.
2. These old magazines didn't always have the best photo or print quality.
3. I Photoshop each page adjusting for distortion, exposure, flaws, etc.
4. If you hate my watermark on the images (I'll try not to make them too distracting), remember, I spend a lot of time on each image only to find that they sometimes get posted on other bogs without credit.